12 Top Tips for Staying Relevant and Successful in Business, from International Supermodel and Filmmaker Gia Skova
Next Mission Impossible heroine? Wonder Woman? Black Widow? Gia Skova is the iconic image of a fierce ‘Femme Fatale’ who beholds an ideal blend of beauty, talent, strength, and savagery that makes for an enviable action star.
Skova began her career at the age of 12. She quickly caught the attention of some of Europe’s largest retailers, who began using Gia in their print ads and eventually broadcast commercials. It wasn’t long before television producers cast Gia in several television series, and by the time she was 15, Gia had become a celebrity.
Skova is one of the most recognized up-and-coming actresses and models in the United States. She has appeared on countless magazine covers around the world; adorned the runway for some of the most acclaimed fashion designers, been featured in print and commercial advertisements for internationally recognized brands, and been cast in television series, films, theatrical productions, and is the founder of Valholl Production.
GQ Magazine named Skova one of the “50 Most Beautiful Russian Models” as an international sensation in Europe, Asia, Russia, and America.
Her acting portfolio spans international advertisements to television and film. Most recently, Skova made her directorial debut and performed her own fighting and driving stunts as the lead actress in the all-star film, The Serpent.
Take a closer look at this eye-opening interview with Skova, whose business acumen, relentless work ethic, and ability to cross over in industry, expertise, and brand image with incredible ease and success leave much to be learned in business development.
What brought you to this specific career path?
I dreamed of doing cinema from early childhood with an appreciation for the arts and having this certain state of mind. My modeling career actually chose me, as it was a combination of circumstances and the luck of my first contract in Italy, and this was a successful start. The modeling business is also a form of art. Working as a director was a clear decision later, even though I had already been performing all the functions of the director on set.
What are your top lessons learned in business?
- Everyone has their own path. I really love the story that I once heard from my friend from Tibet. When you reach some goal, it can be compared to a mountain. You climb the mountain to the very top to see this view with your own eyes. You can ask someone who has already seen this view, but this will be their point of view. You can ask what obstacles were on the way, but these were their obstacles. This is your path, and it is unique. Do you want this adventure? If the answer is yes, just start your journey.
- Nothing is impossible; it’s all part of your mindset.
- Everyone has their own path, so start your journey.
- Give up negativity, do not betray yourself with toxic thoughts or people.
- Integrity is the key to success.
- When one door closes, it means you’re meant to go through a different one waiting for you. Always keep going.
- Always share your win with your team. At the end of the day, it’s all about teamwork!
- There is such a thing as an observation, so don’t listen; just watch, and what you see is the truth.
- Visibility in this world sometimes makes you make mistakes and have a false opinion about events… chasing something, or buying something that you absolutely do not need. What world do you want to live in tomorrow? What kind of world do you want your children and grandchildren to live in? Look at what actions you are doing today that actually go against these goals; start doing more good things today—the simplest ones—and you will see how tomorrow will change for the better.
- Creativity has no day off.
- Find your motivation, and after, you will understand.
- Be yourself, always make your integrity a priority—ethics, integrity, and honesty.
What are some projects you are working on now?
All the projects that I am doing now are interesting, and I am in love with each of them individually. My three projects are a story about a superhero, and a Cinderella story, but this is an interpretation of my view of both of these projects. While it’s aimed at a young audience, this is actually for everyone who is a child at heart. The third project is about a spy detective. All of these three projects, as well as The Serpent, are my ideas and the scripts will be done by me. Another project is the comedy, The Recipe. My character Katiana is a very elegant person, but it will be interesting with humor.
The Serpent Official Trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lfNpDBA7SvY