To maintain a healthy relationship, you need to stay connected with your partner. Read on for major keys in building a happy relationship and ways to maintain it.
Arguing and Fighting is a part of a relationship. What matters the most is the reason for the argument. A happy relationship may soon turn into an unhealthy one without notice. In an unhealthy relationship, even a slight nod or an odd look would turn into a big fight and the result could be parting ways.
A happy relationship consists of empathy, positivity, mutual love and respect, trust, commitment, and acceptance. You can fill any void in a relationship with these characteristics.
What a Happy Relationship Looks Like?
Most couples with happy relationship goals have various things in common; communication, spending time together, intimacy, regular dates, and forgiveness. There is no imbalance of love and trust. Lastly, a happy relationship with your partner should look like having a best friend with whom you can talk about anything.
A happy relationship may be based on three things:
- Accessibility: The first pillar of a healthy relationship is accessibility. It should be both ways. Make sure your partner is accessible to you, and you are accessible to your partner anytime. Being accessible doesn’t mean blocking private space.
- Responsiveness: Just the obvious one, but the basic key for a happy relationship is responsiveness. Be there when your partner needs you. Even if you are unavailable, reassure them about the availability and learn to console them.
- Emotional Engagement: The more you are engaged emotionally, the more likely you will gain a stronger bond.
It is not rocket science to find a person with the above-mentioned traits. However, what if the person is exactly the opposite?
Can You Have a Happy Relationship With a Narcissist?
A narcissistic person considers themselves more important than others, lacks empathy for others, and has an interest in self only. As opposed to what you want in a relationship, a narcissist may only have self-seeking motives such as physical and emotional satisfaction. They would only satisfy their ego and self-esteem with your presence.
Unless you want to face their self-satisfying ego or apathy, dating a narcissist can have dire implications.
How Happy Relationships Affect a Person?
A happy relationship plays a major part in keeping your life vibrant. If you are in a failed relationship constantly, you might feel left out from others. You might even feel that no one is perfect for you or vice versa.
If you are in a happy relationship, you feel more valuable. Furthermore, you will feel encouraged to perform better and form social connections.
How to Maintain a Happy Relationship?
Besides what a healthy relationship looks like, it is always crucial to keep your relationship working and show them you are always available for them.
Here are some major keys for a healthy and happy relationship:
- Communication: Long-lasting relationships tend to be built on good communication. Without clear communication, your partner will be left grasping at straws in the dark, trying to figure out what you want.
- Appreciating Each Other: A little compliment goes a long way, even if you’ve been together for years! As the saying goes, little drops of water make a mighty ocean. Compliments for small efforts bring an ocean full of love.
- Respecting Me Time: A little time to recharge, alone or with your family and friends, can bring back longing and spice to your relationship.
- Efforts: Make efforts – A happy relationship requires strength, determination, and faithfulness.
To maintain a good relationship, you need to put effort into your partner and expect the same.
Always have patience, be forgiving, and, most importantly, remember why you chose your partner. It is easy to have a healthy relationship if you show you care.
Whenever your relationship is in danger, make sure to solve it together, support them, and try to be understanding.
If you have questions regarding healthy relationships, let us know in the comments box.
Miranda Davis is a freelance writer in relation and psychology area. Miranda is interested in such topics as building healthy relationships between people, love/sex compatibility, and how to find the right balance in life in general. She is currently doing specific research on the best dating sites on the topic. Miranda loves cooking and long-distance walking.